Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Saturday, November 5, 2011 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Highland Park, NJ
This class is for anyone who wants to take the first step into hobby electronics, or took a class in Arduino and would like to refresh their basic electronics knowledge. We will teach you how to prototype simple circuits and help you to understand how they work.
Students will learn:
- Basic principles of circuits and electricity.
- What resistors, diodes, LEDs, transistors and potentiometers are, and how they are used.
- How to use a solderless bread board to lay out and test a circuit.
- How to read and understand a schematic diagram.
- How to use a digital multimeter.
It will provide you with the background required to venture into the realm of Arduino, more complex circuits, other microcontrollers, robotics, amateur radio, and many other areas of interest.
Registration includes an electronics prototyping kit that you can take with you.